Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream
Richly rewarding creamy & decadent butter pecan ice cream made with heavy cream, half & half and my secret ingredient cream cheese. The pecans are no run of the mill garnish but sweet crispy praline pecans. Welcome to the good, the bad & the decadent; indulgence is a must!
- Ice cream maker I have an instant ice cream maker. No overnight chilling needed.
- 6 4oz ice cream containers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups half n half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups praline pecan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 4 tbsp salted sweet cream butter
- Let's brown that butter. In a saucepan on medium heat up butter until it turns brown.4 tbsp salted sweet cream butter
- Add the cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts. It's okay if the cream cheese does not complete dissolve.8 oz cream cheese
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk and stir it in.14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Add the heavy cream and half & half. Turn the stove on a low setting and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.1 cup heavy cream, 2 cups half n half
- Separate the egg yolk from then egg white.6 egg yolks
- Slowly add the egg yolk a tablespoon at a time, whisk and repeat until the all the egg yolk has been mixed very well.
- Now we have a custard. Pour all the custard into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the allspice, cinnamon1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the custard in the refrigerator or freezer to cool completely. This may take an hour or more.
- Crush a the pecans and set aside & vanilla extract.2 cups praline pecan
- After the custard has cooled down, pour custard into your ice cream maker.
- Churn for 40 minutes. Add the pecan & churn for another 5 minutes